Prepping for a night in New Orleans

Dance expected to run smoothly according to diligent class representatives

Kyle Marks, Staff Writer

Scheduled for September 17, this year’s Homecoming dance – themed A Night in New Orleans – will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. in the gymnasium. Mrs. Rodriguez, one of the sponsors for the Junior class, said, “It’s crazy early.”

Before school even started, the Junior Class Representatives had their vision set for the event. “Luckily,  last year’s sophomores contacted me and said, ‘here’s the theme for homecoming and for prom.’ Normally, we meet the second or third week of school, then we pick the theme (and) get going,” said Mrs. Rodriguez.

“The process started with brainstorming a list of ideas. By the end of sophomore year, we had narrowed it down,” said Nikki Giatras: a junior class representative. With the theme in mind, it was much easier for the Junior Reps to put it all together.

“Once we got back to school, the shock of the dance being in a month was a little overwhelming. We finalized the plans with our amazing new decorator and DJ; the stress was lifted. Our three class sponsors were such a huge help with planning, all they needed were our ideas,” said Giatras.

“New Orleans is all about having fun and celebrating tradition which is very important to our community,” Giatras said regarding the theme.

“The dance will be amazing,” Mrs. Rodriguez said reassuringly. Tickets are $25 and will be sold at all lunches during Homecoming Week. Bring a ticket and school ID to the dance in order to be admitted.