Celebrating the second annual WILL Power Challenge

Promotional+flier+made+by+Terri+ONeill-Borders+

Promotional flier made by Terri O’Neill-Borders

Morgan Pukula, Staff Writer

Last year was the first annual WILL Power Challenge. The Hope and Friendship Foundation sponsored this amazing event for one student. Will Pukula was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in February of 2016. Will is 15 and is a sophomore. He was involved in football and basketball at the time of the diagnosis. As his battle continued, the Hope and Friendship Foundation was behind the scenes putting together an obstacle course fundraiser for him.

This year’s WILL Power Challenge is in honor of Ellie Cuiching. She is 12 years old and has been battling brain cancer for six years. Although she has been fighting for a long time, she still wants to live her life as a normal 12-year-old girl and get back to typical ‘kid things.’

The fundraiser will be hosted at the River Valley/Oakwood field on May 13 from 2:30 to 5 p.m. Those who register by April 21 are guaranteed a t-shirt. Completed registration is to be turned into the Lemont Police Department, River Valley, or Oakwood offices by May 10.

The fundraiser consists of different obstacles that each person of a six to eight member team has to complete. There are three different age groups and each team will compete to become the champion of their group.

Come out to support another Lemont friend in need of some extra support! Ellie would love to see you there!