Local alumnus continues to rise to fame

Lauren Selfidge, Staff Writer

Steve Grand, an LHS alum, has continued to rise to fame. After his popular and catchy song shot up overnight, Grand continues to write more songs and write and produce blog videos.

Before becoming a serious singer, Grand sang at Saint Patrick’s Parish in Lemont for several years. He became a familiar face to many Lemont residents because of his incredible voice and kind attitude.

At LHS, he was the first student to make All-State Choir. He also participated in Marching Band, Jazz Band, and the musicals. He graduated from LHS in 2005 and moved on to attend Belmont University and the University of Illinois.

Grand’s most famous song, “All American Boy” became an overnight sensation in July 2013. The song describes the challenges of the LGBTQ community and coming out as gay.

Since 2013, Grand has made a name for himself by appearing on national talk shows. He has been interviewed by Larry King, CNN, and “Good Morning America.”

Steve Grand currently tours the United States and several other countries to perform his country and pop style music. His next trips include Denver, New York City, Philadelphia, and Pretoria, South Africa.

He occasionally makes trips back to Lemont to visit his family. His songs are available on iTunes and Spotify.