Senior class applies to college

McKenna Harbison, Business Manager

As college application deadlines are quickly approaching, students of the senior class are beginning to think about which colleges or universities they would like to attend. Students Diana Dzielski, Jacqueline Cikowski, Marius Mereckis, and Jacqueline Tomecki share their plans for the future.

Dzielski is applying to the University of Kentucky, DePaul University, Loyola University, and the University of Illinois at Chicago with a major in journalism. She is applying through the non-binding, early action program at each school. “My dream school would be [the] University of Kentucky because I really like the people and the environment there and I feel like I could really fit in,” said Dzielski.

Cikowski is also applying to the University of Illinois at Chicago and DePaul University, as well as Millikin University and Lewis University, with plans to become an Occupational Therapist. She is applying through the regular decision guidelines for every school. Cikowski said that her dream school would be “UIC because my whole family went there so I want to keep the tradition going.”

Mereckis is applying to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Northwestern University, Cornell University, and several others. He is applying with a mix of both regular decision and early action. Mereckis is planning on majoring in biomedical engineering and said that his dream school “would probably be Princeton.”

Like Dzielski and Cikowski, Tomecki is applying to the University of Illinois at Chicago as well as Illinois Wesleyan University, Saint Xavier University, and Ball State University with a major in medicine. Tomecki is also applying under regular decision for each school. Tomecki said that her dream school would be Duke University.

The early deadlines for applications are Nov. 1 and Dec. 1.