Love might be in the air?

Peyton Jay, Staff Writer and Co-Editor

Valentine’s Day tends to be a very… polarizing holiday to say the least. Typically torn between sweetness and endearment amongst pairs and lovers, or folks complaining about a consumer targeted money trap luring in poor couples to spend ample amounts of cash.

LHS does just that! Well, the money spending part at least. Every year the student representatives from the sophomore class sends out a questionnaire called the “Match-O-Matic” that’s destined to set guys and gals, gals and gals, guys and guys, ALL of them up together to partake in the loving activities of Valentines Day.

Senior Christina Tomala, a four time partaker in the Match-o-Matic said, “Overall, I would say the answers are pretty accurate. Most of my guy matches were reasonable and I’m friends with most of the girl matches.”

“I’d say yes it was worth the time and money since it was only $2 and took about a minute to fill out,” said Tomala.

So yes, the school does end up having moments where even they milk the festivities for fundraising purposes, but it is entirely optional and all for good fun. Clearly it’s enjoyable, so what’s some pocket change worth in comparison to finding a soulmate… right?

Go out, buy your flowers (because they are definitely in high supply as this is the floral industries biggest time of year), find a snuggle buddy, and enjoy the love in the air.

Or just eat ice cream in a blanket alone, that’s a common trend too.