Spotlight Articles

Get to know our newest history teacher

Getting to know Gagnon

Addyson Connolly, Staff Writer

Mr. Gagnon is a busy person with his day starting at 5:00 a.m.. He has a hectic day that consists of meetings and other important jobs.  Gagnon said, “It has been nuts!” He said, “Every single one of my days is different and even if I try to plan my day, I usually get off that right away and have to circle back to it.”  Mr. Gagnon has worked at the school for 20 years. He was a dean for the last 10 yea...

Sharing the creativity one class at a time: Mrs.Idell’s journey to teaching

Destiny Vargas, Staff Writer

It started off with being a typical high school student whose decisions are influenced by the world and people around her. As many students pondered what they will do after high school, Mrs.Idell knew just what she wanted to become during her senior year-- all thanks to Mrs.Wing. Mrs.Wing was her inspiration for pursuing a career as an art teacher and now she’s sharing her art skills with her Intr...

Eager spanish student to accomplished spanish teacher

Leila Rexhepi, Staff Writer

Mr.Zmarzlinski ,as a high school student, learned and was greatly inspired by his spanish teachers, Senoria Entler, Senoria Rod and Sernoria O’Dwyer. Now, he’s working alongside them as he teaches students who will hopefully be inspired like he was. Mr.Zmarzlinski has been working at LHS for a few years now. “It’s just been absolutely amazing to be working with the people who inspired me ...

Social Studies Department Chair wins Pride and Excellence award

Looking into the life of Mrs. Mimnaugh

Andrew Kula, Staff Writer

As Sarah Mimnaugh enters her second year teaching at LHS, after a tumultuous year from using google meets to trying to get her students to turn on their cameras, she tries to reflect on the positive aspects of the COVID year.  “It went well. Not what you expect your first year of teaching at a new school to be like. But being in this area and at this school is all worth it because of the student...

Get to know the eloquent Mrs. Eisele
Keeping up with Kupchek

Hard work will always pay off

Marty Kaminski, 15, is a sophomore at Lemont High School. He has very strong goals for the end of high school and wants to work as hard as he can for them. As his sophomore year has started, academics have been very strong. While keeping academics in his head, football has also been a big part of his life. “My goals for the end of high school is to get into an exceptional college, have a 3.6 GPA, and to ha...

Student recognized as semi-finalist for national merit scholarship

Lemont High School is known for its astounding academics and constructing brilliant students. One of these students, Bella Wilton, is a senior who is being recognized for her incredible academic achievement. She has made it as a semi-finalist for the National Merit Scholarship which she qualified for due to her stunning score on the SAT.  “There are 16,000 semi finalists selected” said Bella, “Ne...

Tony Hamilton: The humble beginnings of the pro communicator

Reagan Russell, Staff Writer

Lemont High School thrives on communication on a day to day basis and people rely on updates from the school in regards to events, testing, and issues with COVID-19.  Tony Hamilton, head of communications for LHS does just that.  As a senior in high school, Hamilton participated in a lot of sports writing and was focused  on journalistic aspects for his school. Although he was interested ...

Does our great softball success have to do with her own coach?

Gabriella Estrada, Staff Writer

“Let’s see, this is my 22nd year, and then I coached 2 years outside, so about 24 years.” Coach Traina said with a smile on her face, most likely proud of her amazing dedication. This would be my 15th year [as head coach] I believe.”  Last season, the softball team took the title for 2021 IHSA class 3A State runner up-- With a huge accomplishment, making their first finals appearance in 32...

Denise Dalton, a suspected robot, denies claims

Caroline Vranas, Staff Writer

Contrary to popular belief, Denise Dalton is not a robot. Every student at Lemont High School knows, or has at least gotten many emails, from Denise Dalton, Student Services Chair.  While most students have heard of Dalton, not many know her personally or know what her job at LHS is. “My official responsibility is, I oversee the programs and people who work with students outside the classrooms,...

The Tom-Tom • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Tom-Tom
$800
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Tom-Tom Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *