Sharing the creativity one class at a time: Mrs.Idell’s journey to teaching

It started off with being a typical high school student whose decisions are influenced by the world and people around her. As many students pondered what they will do after high school, Mrs.Idell knew just what she wanted to become during her senior year– all thanks to Mrs.Wing.

Mrs.Wing was her inspiration for pursuing a career as an art teacher and now she’s sharing her art skills with her Intro to digital art, Intro to drawing and painting, graphic design and photography classes. 

“I enjoy working with students and watching them enjoy learning,” said Idell. 

As an LHS alumni, Mrs.Idell saw an open opportunity to teach at LHS and took it. “I was done with college, and I had gone to COD to focus on dígital arts. I was subbing and taking classes, and then I became an aide at a middle school. This position opened up and I applied. It was perfect timing,” she said.

Now, Mrs.Idell is into her ninth year of teaching and began as an assistant coach for track and field and cross country. 

“It’s awesome. I love working with the team. I love the high energy they bring and watching them grow, beat their times and push themselves. It’s awesome. It’s the coolest thing in the world.” said Idell. 

Teaching and coaching aren’t the only things Mrs. Idell is involved in. She is an assistant sponsor for the yearbook, created the literary magazine with Mrs.Melei, and designed alumni t-shirts with Tony Hamilton. 

Mrs.Idell continues to make her classes fun and engaging and seeing her students succeed is something she’s proud of. 

The Tom-Tom • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Tom-Tom
$800
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Tom-Tom Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *