New year brings new goals

Madison Thornton

Michael Zekich (left) and Michael Durkin (right) reveal their goals for the new year.

Madison Thornton, Design Team

2017 is here and Lemont High School’s students are beginning to take on their second-semester classes. Individuals use the new year to set new goals to work towards accomplishing.

Many students may choose to focus on classes, their mental and physical health, or even on finding new hobbies. Working on goals give students an idea as to where they want to be by the end of 2017.

Senior Michael Zekich said, “[His goal is] to not be as nice because ‘good karma’ has not been shown.” Zekich focuses on his relationships with others to improve his own happiness. Knowing that he wants to go to college, he sees himself “At a college with my whole future aside,” said Zekich.

Senior Michael Durkin said, “[His goal is] to stay more fit.” Physical health is an important goal for students to concentrate on during the school year.

Although some obstacles may arise when students are focusing on bettering themselves and their decisions, Zekich and Durkin have worked on their goals and have overcome some of the obstacles.

Zekich’s obstacle is “being honest with some people in my life,” he said. Durkin’s is “working hard [and] getting the the motivation to get up,” said Durkin.

Students can choose to be truthful to themselves in order to improve their 2017.