How to make the most of the last semester of the school year

Ava Grubb, Staff Writer and Copy Editor

Winter Break comes and goes, but soon students are back at school trying to get into the flow of things to make this semester the best one yet. The first few weeks of the new semester are always the most crucial of making the most of the semester.

Studying: We all hate it, but if you stay on top of your homework, studying will become reviewing and cramming before tests will be a thing of the past.

Procrastination: It gets to the best of us, but it is something that can be stopped! The key to getting things done faster is taking five minute breaks in between every single subject. It keeps you from wanting to stop in the middle of a chapter or halfway through an essay, so in the end it is more beneficial to just take small breaks.

Spend time with friends: You do not know what will happen, you might be going off to college, you might grow apart from people. Make sure to save time for the people in your life.

Finally, eating the right foods helps prevent you getting sick, makes you feel less groggy during the day, it also will help you stay awake while studying! The best foods for students are: almonds, dark chocolate, avocados, and blueberries. Don’t eat them all at once though!!

Don’t let the last semester of the school year slip away. Summer will come before you know it. Use this semester to grow a person for your next adventure. Whether that be here at LHS or at a university across the country.