Using resources at LHS

Whether it’s math, english, technology, or anything else, students have a place to go for help

Matt O'Malley, Staff Writer and Web-Editor

Matt O’Malley
Students in the math center help their peers on a Wednesday morning. The math center is open during all class periods.

Do you need a little extra help with your schoolwork, or review for an upcoming assessment? Luckily for you, our school has resources for students to get that help before or after school.

As one of the most popular of resources, the Math Center, is open Tuesday 7:20 a.m. to 7:50 a.m., and 2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m., Wednesday 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m., and Thursday/Friday 7:20 a.m. to 7:50 a.m. It is also open every class period! At the math center, located at W111 right near the math doors, you’ll find helpful students and a teacher dedicated to helping you in any area of math you might need help with.

If it’s help with writing you seek, then perhaps a visit to the Writing Center in room N114 might be what you need. Located by the backstairs on the first floor, the writing center is equipped with charging stations, seats, and a teacher of the English department. The writing center, a place reserved for students looking to write, is a great resource for all things literature. Mrs. Patty Melei, an English teacher said, “Our task is to help a writer who is stuck in the mud to help them get where they need to go.”  

Another great resource is the Help Desk, where any you can go to solve any technology issues involving your chromebook. In fact, they can help with anything technology related!

And don’t forget the LRC! There are many resources within the LRC that can be useful such as internet access, books, a quiet place to study, and a great view of Lemont!

LHS offers many resources where you can get help with your academics – among other things, including: counselors, deans, other staff members, etc. – which might be a contributor as to why it’s such a great school.