Drama production of “Pride and Prejudice” coming this fall

Lauren Toma

The Drama Department’s “Pride and Prejudice” had a dress rehearsal two days before the opening night.

Michelle Graefen, Staff Writer

Since the beginning of the year the drama department has been working on their fall production. This year’s play is a historical classic, “Pride and Prejudice.”

Scheduled to take place November 1, 2, and 3, the play is based off of Jane Austen’s novel, written in 1813. Set in the Georgian era, this play tells the love story of Elizabeth Bennet, the second daughter of five, and Mr. Darcy, a wealthy English gentleman.

Lead actors in the production include Lauren Toma as Elizabeth Bennet, Michael Lipowski as Mr. Darcy, Allannah Giles as Jane Bennet, Robyn Douglas as Mrs. Bennet, Zachary Rosenblum as Mr. Bennet, and Brody Kessler as Mr. Bingley.

Each cast and crew member has their own excitement. Reema Dhawan, crew member, said that she is most excited to “see it all come together.”

Commenting on her own involvement Dhawan said, “I’m a sub, so if someone is absent, I take their spot.” In the meantime, she does hair and makeup for the crew members.

“Pride and Prejudice” will be directed by the drama department’s new director, Paula Smith.

Come see all the drama department’s work November 1, 2, and 3 at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $10, or $7 with your LHS student ID.

Don’t forget to stop by room N306 on your way out to see the art gallery, which takes place every night of the play both before and after.