Creativity on campus takes a seat

Reanna Comiso, Co-Editor

The art club at LHS has always been an area for those who are looking for a creative outlet outside of the classroom. This year, the club decided to use their abilities and resources to spice up the
school.

Sponsored by Mr. Hennebry, the club has decided to decorate benches made by the woods class and place them around the school. Each bench created is reflective of a certain academic department.

There are four total benches that will be made and painted, showcasing the arts, science, foreign language, and physical education departments.

The benches are first built by either Mr. Hennebry or students from the woodshop class. Once they are finished, members from art club paint them according to the values of each department.

edit 1So far, one bench has been completed for the science department. The Art Club began working on the first bench in September, and finished in late November/early December.

The first completed product includes images of flasks, beakers, anatomical structures, and so on. The bench is located on the second floor by the atrium, directly behind the main staircase and between the main courtyard doors.

Marissa Dyer,a senior member of the art club, states that the second bench should be completed by the middle of next semester.

While the art club is an extracurricular activity, the art department overall is no stranger to utilizing their resources to add creativity throughout the school.

In previous years, when the art club was sponsored by Mrs. Wing, it would often make projects to place around the school as well, including ceramic monster pieces that were placed in the LRC during the Halloween season.
Constantly adding new art around the school, several more completed benches and art projects created by students can be spotted around LHS campus in the near future.