Help Desk is here to help

The Help Desk is located at N300-3.

The Help Desk is located at N300-3.

The Help Desk is located at N300-3.

Alec Adriatico, Staff Writer and Web-Editor

When it comes to potential digital needs, technological support, and a desire for a place in which you can inquire about new things in the technological world, the LHS Help Desk is open to serve you. Most students have the misconception that the Help Desk is just a place where you go whenever you left your Chromebook at home or when you forgot to charge it, but it’s way more than that.

Mr. Bill Mondrella, one of the school’s technology integration specialists and the man behind the help desk, said, “The Help Desk is a class actually offered to students called Tech Internship. Students can interview with us and if they have tech experience or took a tech classes and are interested in tech possibly as a career, they can sign up for the class. It runs every period, everyday.”

“If the students are not assisting us or we don’t have anything specific for them to do, they get to pick a Tech Project that they could work on like coding or something that they’ve been wanting to do that isn’t offered here. We can’t offer every class so this is an avenue for them to pursue what they’re interested in and they have time to do that,” said Mr. Mondrella.

The Help Desk started its services last year as a trial run  in preparation for the 1-to-1 Chromebook that was implemented this present school year.

“We’re very busy, but we’re prepared for this. We’ve been planning about this for 4-5 years together with the tech committee,”  said Mr. Mondrella.

The Help Desk plans to revamp a lot of things and improve the students’ technological experiences. Mr. Mondrella dropped a hint on something the students would surely look forward to. “This whole LRC and the Help Desk area is gonna get a nice makeover,” said Mr. Mondrella.

Mike Nunzio, a Junior who’s taking the class this year said, “The Help Desk provides me with many opportunities to practice and evolve my skills when working with technology and computers.”

The Help Desk plans on expanding their services as they figure out more about the preferences of the students. They hope to have more students interested in taking the class because it prepares the students for their career and teaches them to be more independent.

For more information, you can see Mr. Mondrella and Mrs. Erin Hitchcock at the Help Desk located in the Learning Resource Center (N300-3).

1 Comment

One Response to “Help Desk is here to help”

1. Cloud Migration on February 21st, 2018 10:13 am

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.

Cloud Migration

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Help Desk is here to help

Activities & Athletics

Film Club presents exhilarating experiences

• Help Desk is here to help

Features

Business and Technology Concepts changes name

• Help Desk is here to help

Features

Sylvia is su(Purdue)per excited about her commitment

• Help Desk is here to help

Arts & Entertainment

Lasting legacy of alumni artist

• Help Desk is here to help

Features

Mindfulness Matters: An outlook on test anxiety

• Help Desk is here to help

Features

Citgo Innovation Academy turns upside down

• Help Desk is here to help

Features

A legacy painted on the wall

• Help Desk is here to help

Activities & Athletics

Winning the crown

• Help Desk is here to help

Activities & Athletics

Juniors win food drive, still lose spirit week

• Academics

Sizzling Skits Stir Up Some School Spirit

Help Desk is here to help