Looking back on a Blue Ribbon year

Natalie Palarz and Katelyn Krakar

Natalie Palarz
Mrs. Denise Dalton said, “Going outside and doing the formation for the Blue Ribbon. The lip dub filming was a hoot – made me laugh. The walkout on the 14th because it was beautiful.”
Mrs. Heather Richa said, “I would have to say for me it was the formation [the aerial shot from the lip dub video] the pride our school showed and the teamwork it took for it to happen.”

Natalie Palarz
“I thought the lip dub day was pretty awesome everyone got together and took time out of their day. [It] spoke for what LHS is about and [really spoke about our character],” said Mr. Scott Collins.

Natalie Palarz
Mrs. Tina Bialek said her favorite memory was the electric houses and roller coaster projects and commercials in AP Physics II.

Natalie Palarz
From left to right: Benjamin Clarage, Vir Patel, Ethan Potts, Janet Quiroz-Esparza, Lindsay Selfridge. Mrs. Erin Horan said, “In the advanced research class we presented at Argonne [actually able to talk about their research with other scientists] so that’s was really cool.

Natalie Palarz
“I really liked the G2 humanity and Gatsby trials, it was really good. I liked freshman orientation that went really well with Link crew. [We have really good leaders],” said Mrs. Cara Forde.
Mrs. Jeana Parry said, “The Outdoor Ed camping trip! This year we went canoeing down by Starved Rock.”

Natalie Palarz
“Probably when we won regionals this year for cross country – we were tied – [the 6th place runner was Daina Maleiska],” said Mr. Tim Plotke.

Natalie Palarz
“Taking my Math III class on a follow the leader trip around the school, but when they came back they studied really hard,” said Mrs. Angela Marshall.

Natalie Palarz
“I got to attend the Blue Ribbon school ceremony in Washington D.C. as the only teacher chosen by the staff to represent the teachers,” said Mrs. Kathy Young.

Natalie Palarz, Editor-in-chief

When she’s not struggling to run three miles at a cross country race or working hard at a law office, Natalie Palarz can be found trying to get as involved...

Katelyn Krakar, Staff Writer

Katelyn is a senior at Lemont High School, and she’s actively working as a manager at McDonald’s. You’ll find her always listening to music, or being...