Pumpkin spice and everything nice- How to make the best of the fall season

Math+teacher+Angela+Marshall+gets+students+in+the+fall+mood+with+her+seasonal+decor.+

Ella Murray

Math teacher Angela Marshall gets students in the fall mood with her seasonal decor.

Many students dread fall due to the start of school, but the crisp-incoming season brings more than just tests and homework. Along with the change in weather, fall provides a cozy environment with pumpkins and warm colored leaves. 

For most people, when they think of the fall season they think of pumpkins. Bengston’s Pumpkin Farm is a family owned pumpkin patch located in Homer Glen.

“When you visit our website, pumpkinfarm.com, visitors will see that our admission price includes unlimited access to our ten mechanical rides, live pig races every hour, continuous hayrides, a Fun Barn for the little visitors, a Haunted Barn for the more daring who like to be scared.” said Zoey Bengston.

In addition to this variety of fall activities, movies also make fall a fun time for most students. During fall, it is common to be stuck inside due to the cold weather. One solution to this problem is to watch movies with your friends, family or by yourself. Some new movies to be released this season are “Smile”, “Do Revenge” and “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.”   

Junior Julia Mielczarek said, “I would recommend “Nightmare Before Christmas”. “Conjuring Movies” are also good to watch if you’re in the mood to be scared.”

Fall is also known for the iconic pumpkin spiced flavor and scents that can be found in drinks, baked goods and scented candles. Not only can you buy fall themed foods, but many families have their own traditional homemade recipes. 

Freshman Lily Crowther said “One dish that I normally make which is called Yorkshire Pudding. I’m really looking forward to it because I always make it with my grandparents and it’s a tradition that we have.” 

Additionally, following a hot and sunny summer, the weather for the fall season is expected to be the traditional cool and crisp atmosphere. According to weather.com, the upcoming weather highs will be in the mid 70s to low 60s, with the lows averaging in the low 50s and even high 40s. 

With the incoming cool temperatures and varieties of ways to spend time with family and friends, this fall is sure to be an eventful season full of good memories.