The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

Mack’s memorable first year

Ella Murray
Mr. Mack helps with multiple classes throughout the day.

With the many new additions to the school, Dylan Mack is the newest special education teacher. However, he is not new to teaching as he has 10 years of experience. 

Mack previously taught at Elwood Park High School and is adjusting to a new school that he believes is, “good and different, but in a good way.” 

Mack graduated from Concordia University Chicago with a degree in Secondary Physical Education. 

“Everybody has been really friendly and nice and definitely very supportive,” Mack said. 

One of Mack’s goals for this school year is to revamp the ARC program.

“[I’m] just trying to help make it as best as possible and adding what I can to the special education department,” Mack said.

The ARC program is, “the largest statewide advocacy organization for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities,” according to illinoislifespan.org. 

“They [the staff] have been super approachable and easy to work with and overall really nice,” Mack said. 

Along with teaching in the special education department, Mack is head freshman football coach this year and plans to coach the lacrosse team for the spring season.