Lemont’s Fall Fest brings seasonal fun to the community

Megan Dzimira, Staff Writer

The Lemont Park District’s Fall Fest was the place to be on Saturday, Oct. 15 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Fall Fest was held at the Lemont Park District’s Centennial Park and was an amazing experience for all of the parents and kids that attended.

At the event, kids were granted with countless activities to run around and enjoy, as well as being accompanied by their friends. Kids, and some parents too, were able to dress up in their Halloween costumes at the fest. There was a bounce house, tractor hayrides, a corn maze, pumpkin decorating, and countless amounts of games including bean bags and a witch’s ring toss.

However, the kids weren’t the only ones who were able to have a good time at Fall Fest. Parents were able to enjoy the live band, food fresh off the grill, cornhole, and some social time with community friends while sharing a few drinks.

At the fest, there was a scarecrow dress-up where different families got to use clothes and hay to make their own personal scarecrows. There was also a mini pumpkin patch where kids got to pick a pumpkin and decorate it. Picnic tables were set up next to vendors that families could get food from as the live band played all the latest country hits. There was even a candy table for all the sweet-tooth lovers out there.

Fall Fest wouldn’t have been so great if it wasn’t for the amazing staff and volunteers that made it all possible. They dressed in flannels to make the fall aesthetic really come alive. The staff at Fall Fest took a lot of time and hard work to set-up and take down all the hay bales, picnic tables, and stage, as well as organize the games and food for the community to enjoy.

Lemont students in the National Honors Society did a great job as well with their volunteer work. NHS student volunteer Jacqueline Tomecki said, “Working fall fest was a blast. The staff was so nice and hard working and they really made the whole event run smoothly.”

By the end of the fest, no one wanted to leave until the very last minute. Fall Fest was a complete success and it is something Lemont residents should definitely attend next fall.