The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

Tim Plotke
Athletes prepare for outdoor track season.

Spring has begun which means the girls and boys track and field teams are transitioning into the outdoor season after a successful indoor track season.

The indoor track season started on Jan. 17. During the month of January, the athletes were preparing for their meets in the upcoming months. The indoor season consists of ten meets with the first being the Redhawk Pole Vault Invite held at Naperville Central High School. 

The second meet was the Jerry Lowe Boys Invitational held at Rockford Auburn High School on Feb. 3. This season opener for the boys track and field team was a success, as Daniel Foy placed first in the pole vault with a height of 3.35m and the team left with an 11th place finish out of 19 teams.

The Lady Raiders Quad Meet was the girls’ season opener and was held at Bolingbrook High School on Feb. 15. First-place finishes include Nell Fedko in the junior varsity 1600m, Niki Tselios in the varsity 1600m, Payton LeFevers in the varsity shot put, Natalie Kowalski in the junior varsity shot put, Talia Scoville in the varsity high jump, Savannah Beasley in the junior varsity high jump and Vedika Patel in the varsity pole vault. The girls 4x400m varsity team placed first as well as the varsity and junior varsity teams in the 4x800m. The girls ended up finishing second overall. 

On Feb. 23, the girls team took part in the Plainfield North Girls Invitational held at Plainfield North High School. This meet was a success as Ashley Wrublik took first in the varsity shot put with a distance of 10.76m. 

The boys track and field team participated in the 2nd Annual Art Pahl Invitational at Bolingbrook High School on Feb. 24. 11 teams participated, with the boys team taking sixth-place. Quinton Peterson took first in the varsity 200m and the varsity 55m hurdles. Bradley Suva finished first in the junior varsity high jump. 

The Lewis Co-ed Indoor Quad was the first co-ed meet of the season and was held at Lewis University on Feb. 29. The boys team had four first-place finishes including, Quinton Peterson in the varsity 200m and in the varsity 55m hurdles, Gavin Abad in the varsity 1600m and Jacob Katauskas in the varsity shot put. The girls team had seven first-place finishes including Savannah Beasley in the varsity 55m dash, Maya Fedko in the varsity 1600m, Ashley Wrublik in the varsity shot put, Jomelly Caal in the junior varsity shot put and Jordan Bartman in the varsity high jump. The girls 4x400m and 4x200m teams took first in the varsity divisions with the junior varsity 4x200m also taking first. This meet did not count team scores, however, both teams competed successfully. 

There are still an additional four meets in the indoor season, including the Lemont Indoor Invitational.

As both teams are transitioning to the outdoor season, they can look forward to the 10 scheduled meets with more to come if they advance in the Illinois State Series.