Black light dance to be held in Wonderland

Heather Miller

A Morp promotional poster located at the third floor’s information station, made by Student Council.

Heather Miller, Editor in Chief

On Saturday, Feb. 11, Student Council will be hosting the annual Morp dance from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Commons. Morp is a black light dance based upon neon colors and loud music. This year’s theme is ‘Mad about Morp’ with decorations to represent the popular Disney movie Alice in Wonderland. Tickets are $15 each and will be sold from Tuesday, Feb. 7 through Friday, Feb. 10 during all lunches and also at the door.

Student Council began planning this dance last fall and have been working closely with the club’s sponsor, Mrs. Kupchek, to make it all happen. “We started planning at the start of the year,” said Kupchek, and picked the theme in October. “[We] usually try to go with something that incorporates the whole idea of blacklight,” said Kupchek, explaining how this theme fit perfectly because of the psychedelic and neon aspects of the movie.

The decorations are expected to be elaborate and portray the theme with unique touches, like a rabbit hole made out of balloons, along with a balloon arch. Music will be spun by DJ Nurotic from 103.5 Kiss FM and the MC will be Josh B.

Many students are getting excited for the dance, including junior Peyton Jay who said that “[I’ve] never been to one, but this one seems cool,” noting how this year’s theme is unique and intriguing.

All of the funds from the dance go towards paying for all of the amenities like the DJ, MC, decorations, and posters. Any extra money will go back to the club and be saved, some being for scholarships that the club gives away.