The boys tennis team kicked off their season with a win

Riverside Brookfield faces a loss against the Indians

Lily Hinkle

At Lemont’s tennis court, the boys tennis team practices and has matches against opposing teams. With the multiple courts within the fenced area, it makes it easy for the whole team to play and practice as a collective whole.

Lily Hinkle, Staff Writer and Business/PR Manager

Monday April 2, the boys tennis team kicked off their season with a win against Riverside Brookfield. With the help of the coaches Jon Deguzman, an English teacher at LHS, and Scott Collins, the head of the science department, the team worked hard to beat their opponent with a final score of 4-1.

For the match, the first singles player was senior Ian Hartl and the second was senior Max Kral. In doubles, the first pair were seniors Arjun Reddigari and Charles Balisalisa. The second team were juniors Shaan Pal and Nathan Pawlak. Lastly, the third doubles team were seniors Patrick Kerrigan and Liam Athy.

When asked about the closeness of the team, junior Nathan Pawlak replied, “The tennis team is pretty close. Our team is very supportive to each other and work very hard to achieve our goals. Even though not everyone can play at all times, the whole team is always out cheering on their competing teammates.”

The tennis team practices five times a week on the weekdays and often have a meet or tournament over the weekend. During practice the coaches push the team to work hard in order to achieve the team’s goal, which is to win conference and hopefully send some athletes to state.

“I would recommend people to join the tennis team because it is very fun and welcoming to newcomers,” said Nathan Pawlak.

Joining high school sports, like tennis, is a good way to make friends and have fun.

If you have any additional questions contact Mr. Deguzman at [email protected] or Mr. Collins at [email protected].