Tis the Season: AP Lang rocks its Christmas Party

Mrs. Forde’s G3 AP Lang class throws a Christmas party to celebrate the end of the semester

The decorating committee spent time drawing on the whiteboard and bringing in lights and a tree to help make the room more festive.

Reagan Russell

Reagan Russell and Andrew Kula

On Wednesday Dec. 15, Mrs. Forde’s G3 AP Lang class threw a holiday party to celebrate all the hard work and dedication that the students have put forth this entire semester. 

“You guys work really hard and you get along so well and I feel that the connection between all of you is something we are lacking right now,” said Forde. 

The party included a white elephant gift exchange, holiday food, holiday music and trivia. Several students formed different committees such as gifts, food, music, games and decorating to help plan and coordinate who would bring in what things to make the party as successful as possible.

The class came up with this idea in early October, and planned for almost all of November trying to organize all the little details. The idea sparked from a conversation trying to find things to look forward to and have a good end goal for the semester. The students stayed dedicated to this idea and it resulted in a fun and enjoyable time for everyone. 

While not every class got to have this party the goal was to not only have fun but celebrate coming together after a year and half of being apart. 

“I would say it depends on the class. I mean I’ve done it before with other classes but, I think it’s especially important after everyone was so detached and isolated for so long that it’s really cool to see your class getting along so well,” said Forde. 

Overall the party lasted about an hour, giving the students time to continue working on their end of semester projects and work. 

Instances and celebrations such as these truly mark that we can come together after COVID-19 nearly upended our lives a year and a half ago. While we aren’t out of this pandemic quite yet, this party shows that students can come together and celebrate what was best during this COVID-19 semester.