The Countdown is Here: What you need to know about Prom

With+prom+just+around+the+corner%2C+these+informational+posters+around+the+school+give+students+the+update+they+need+to+prepare+for+the+dance.+

Andrew Kula

With prom just around the corner, these informational posters around the school give students the update they need to prepare for the dance.

Andrew Kula, Staff Writer

Alright juniors and seniors. Prom season is here! Before you go out buying your tuxes and figuring out who to ask with a teddy bear and a poster, here is some information about the dance and everything you need to know. 

“Lemont High School’s 2022 Prom will be held on Sunday, April 24, at The Odyssey (19110 S. Ridgeland Avenue, Tinley Park; (708) 429-7400) from 5-10 p.m. Admission to Prom is limited to Lemont High School juniors and seniors and their dates. Prom tickets are $70 and include dinner, dancing and fireworks,” said Tony Hamilton in an email to the school. 

The theme for the dance will be A Night In Vegas with the usual Vegas necessities. Along with the usual dancing and dinner that usually corresponds with prom, this year, a fireworks display will be at 9 for all of the attendees to enjoy. Due to the fact that the fireworks will be towards the later part of the dance, it would be a good idea to stay around for the show. 

“All students and guests must have a photo ID with them at Prom. Absolutely no students will be admitted without a photo ID,” said Hamilton. This is important because students cannot enter the venue if they do not have their ticket or their ID so make sure to bring both of these. 

Finally, students should have already contacted Ms. Vabalaitis to get a Date Request Form for an outside date and that window has closed for those of you still wondering if you can bring an outside date. Additionally, ticket sales have also closed both in-person and on the online window as of last week. 

If you have any questions regarding prom, tickets, etc please contact Mrs. Good ([email protected]), Mrs. O’Dwyer ([email protected]), or Mrs. Rodriguez-Baltrum ([email protected]).