Friends, food, flavor: Everything you need to know about Taste of Lemont

Lemont+High+School+junior+Caitlin+Brennwald+represented+the+school+LEO+Club+at+the+event+giving+glitter+tattoos.+

Anna Swenson

Lemont High School junior Caitlin Brennwald represented the school LEO Club at the event giving glitter tattoos.

Ava Amato, Reese Herold, and Andrew Kula

Taste of Lemont returned for the second year following the COVID-19 pandemic. The event has been held each year since 2007 but was skipped in 2020 due to the pandemic.

“We had to remind ourselves how to host the event,” said Director of School and Community Relations Tony Hamilton.

This year, the event was held on Sat., Sept. 10 from 5-11 p.m. in the west side of the Lemont Metra parking lot with the cost being $15 for prepaid, online tickets and $20 for a ticket at the door. However, even though aspects of the event have consistently repeated year after year, the Taste of Lemont proves to be a major event for the village.

“Of the 12 vendors we have, 11 of them are returning from last year. The new vendor is Wooden Paddle and we have multiple barbeque and pizza vendors returning, which include Matt’s barbeque, Big Ed’s Shed, Gelsosomos and Mama D’s,” said Hamilton.

In addition to the variety of food that was served at the Taste, there were also several different entertainment groups that performed.

“Mike and Joe is the featured band this year and they are returning for the first time since 2018 as well as Split decision which is back this year. They were the featured band last year and they will be the first band this year,” said Hamilton.

Along with the several options for entertainment, the Taste of Lemont was a significant fundraiser for Lemont High school and its students.

“This is an event put on by the Lemont Educational Foundation. The educational foundation is a support organization. It uses its revenue to provide supplemental opportunities for Lemont High School students. Most of the time it comes in the form of grants that teachers apply for, teachers use those grant funds in order to provide opportunities for students,” said Hamilton.

Additionally, not only has this event become a staple for the Lemont area and its residents but has spread throughout the southwest suburbs of Chicago.

“We target our advertising to not just Lemont, but, we target the event to 10 miles outside of Lemont which includes Joliet, Naperville and Morris so that we can get a wider audience,” said Hamilton.