We’re all in this together: NHS’ ‘High School Musical’ movie night is a success

Reagan Russell

Students gather on the lower baseball field to watch “High School Musical” and raise money for Parker Power.

Reagan Russell, Coeditor-in-Chief

Continuing the tradition, on Tuesday Sept. 27 NHS hosted their annual movie night raising money for Parker Power. This year current NHS members were able to vote on their choice of movie, with “High School Musical” being the clear favorite. 

“High School Musical is a classic, I would love to see High School Musical 2 being played next year” said senior Stone TeSelle. 

Admission was only $5, along with concessions following a similar price. All proceeds went to Parker Power in attempts to help support his family with their ongoing medical bills. 

“The main goal of this NHS fundraiser was to raise some money for Parker because all the proceeds go to Paker Power, as well as bringing the whole school together during spirit week” said NHS fundraising chair Shea Manning. 

The movie night was another success raising over $300 for Parker Power. Through all the competition it is important to realize the importance of charity and helping others in need. Several volunteers and sponsors who got in for free donated to admissions and concessions to try and help as best as they could. 

Each grade level got spirit points for attending the fundraiser, but the movie night was open to the whole community. Despite the cold temperatures, there still were a lot of attendees. Seniors and juniors obtained the most amount of spirit points for their respective class but each grade was present at the event.

“I like the fact that it’s [NHS’ movie night] during spirit week and that we are able to have a variety of charities represented through this” said TeSelle. 

Spirit week is a constant competition between classes and it is hard to find moments throughout the week where the whole school can come together as one. NHS provided an event where the main theme was: We’re all in this together.