Classes go head to head for the grand class color day win

Kelly Kearns

A group of seniors get together to perform a skit for class color day.

Class color day this year was held on Sept. 29. Each class was represented by different colors; the freshmen were orange, the sophomores red, juniors were green and the seniors were black.

This is the day that many look forward to each year and one that nearly every student participates in. The total number of students that dressed up for this day was 1,108 students.

“Even the kids who don’t dress up throughout the rest of the week, this is the day that those kids will participate in for sure,” said Kupchek. 

There were several skits for the judges to choose from for this class color day. All grades got points from the skits. The freshman got 10 points, the sophomores got 15, the juniors got 20, and the seniors gained 30 more points.

The winning skit was from the senior class and was titled Holy Seniors and consisted of the group walking in with christian music and nun-like clothing while surrounding the bible and a cross. However the skit quickly turned into an amazing dance sequence including breakdancing and the crowd going crazy. 

As Thursday came around the corner, everyone came to school dedicated to winning with their game faces on. Throughout the day, all students could think about were the final scores that reflected their hard work and strong energy to see how far that got them.