Classes get competitive fighting for the color

Kelly Kearns

The juniors and seniors play tug of war at the games assembly on class color day.

Senior Suzie Knutte and sophomore Maya Hollendoner compete against each other in the final match to win. (Kelly Kearns)

Thursday, September 29th was the class color day games assembly. This is when every grade gets to show the school just how competitive they are. 

With many fascinating games, some old and some new, the competition was great to watch.  Some games played are as follows: dodgeball, arm wrestling, puzzle game, obstacle course, blanket flip, dance off, disco ball relay, and tug of war. 

The game’s assembly is usually the students favorite event that takes place during spirit week. Solely because of the competitiveness that this day brings. 

With no surprise the seniors got first place in the games assembly with 110 points. They fought hard against the sophomores and juniors as they tied for second. Freshman came in last with a total of 25 points. 

Although every game was competitive, the students got really aggressive when it came to tug of war, and arm wrestling. Juniors came through with the win in tug of war proud and  undefeated.

Senior Nathan Wrublik won arm wrestling against sophomore Mohammad Abusalah, for girls it was a tough match against sophomore Maya Hollendoner and senior Suzie Knutte But Maya Hollendoner pulled through with a win for the sophomores.

Jakub Maka, a freshman who participated in the arm wrestling competition said, “It was fun representing my class, and I like that we have a time just to have fun instead of being in school 24/7.”

The games assembly created lots of memories and in the end brought the classes together as one.