Taylor Swift plans to hit the stage for the first time in five years

Vinyl records of 4 out of the 10 “eras” that will be showcased at Taylor Swift’s upcoming tour.

Greta Horn

Greta Horn, Staff Writer

Less than two weeks after the release of Taylor Swift’s 10th studio album Midnights, Swift went on Good Morning America to announce some exciting news. She will be going on “Taylor Swift, The Eras Tour” during spring and summer of 2023.  This was unexpected from Swift because she has not gone on tour since her sixth album “Reputation” had its stadium tour.

The singer has only released United States dates as of now, but the fans think there are more to come. This will be the second time Swift has had an all stadium tour, following her latest tour of the Reputation album. This era’s tour will consist of songs from all of Taylor Swift’s “eras” or albums, so you will be sure to hear your favorite songs live.

People all over the U.S. have already signed up for her verified fan presale on Ticketmaster.  These tickets will go on sale Nov. 15, then the general sales go live on Nov.18.  People think this may be one of the hardest tours to get tickets, due to the amount of time since Swift has last toured, and the amount of new fans wanting to go. Those that have seen her on tour before are also excited to go back and relive her concert experience.

“I am so excited, I want to see her perform songs from Reputation on her next tour,” said Hannah Gornick, who attended the Reputation tour in 2018.

Swift is one of the artists that people have been waiting for a tour from. Since the singer has not gone on tour in almost five years, people are ready to see Swift back in action.

“I am just excited to see what the setlist is like, because I have been waiting for her to go on tour”, said sophomore Sydney Kibbon.

This tour which is presented by Capital One, will have a total of nine special guests, with two featured at each show. These guests include Paramore, beabadoobee, Phoebe Bridgers, HAIM, girl in red, MUNA, GAYLE, Gracie Abrams and OWENN.  Some of these artists are featured in past songs of Swift such as “Nothing New ” ft. Phoebe Bridgers, and “No body, No crime” ft. HAIM.

So, do not forget to set your alarms on Nov. 15 and 18 to get your Swift tickets.  This will be a show you do not want to miss!