Winter art show features more pieces than ever before

Reese Herold

Friends and family visit Gallery 306 to admire art created by students. The exhibit showcased paintings, photographs, drawings, ceramic pieces and more.

Reese Herold, Staff Writer

The annual winter art exhibition took place from Feb. 9 to Feb. 11 between 5:45-6:45 p.m. The show preceded the comedy play, “Murder Can Be Habit Forming” produced by the drama club. 

The pieces in the exhibit this year were judged by 2001 alumni Rachel Owen, an award-winning photographer. Owen is also the owner of J.R. Owen Photography Company located in downtown Lemont.

Staff members, Ryan Hennebry, Megan Idell and Shannon Jeglinski, worked throughout the school year to select the art  featured in the show.

Students in the various art classes offered in school create the pieces that are presented in the show. These pieces include all types of mediums from paintings to digital art and everything in between. 

This year, there were many awards given to students that participated. Junior Maria Butler received the award for first place painting and senior Aleksandra Mituz received the award for first place drawing. Both Olivia Tewart and Victoria Walus also received an honorable mention for their pieces. 

This year’s show was the biggest to date and offered 195 pieces for guests to view. If you didn’t make it to this event make sure to keep a lookout for the date of the next exhibition.

Sprite and Pepsi mugs hand-crafted by senior Jacob O’Neill in Ceramics.
(Reese Herold )