Rokas Castillo finishes basketball season with 1,000 career points

Rokas+Castillo+scored+his+left-side+layup+attempt+to+score+his+1%2C000th+high+school+career+point+on+Feb.+10.+

Brennan Meyer

Rokas Castillo scored his left-side layup attempt to score his 1,000th high school career point on Feb. 10.

Nojus Navickas, Staff Writer

On Feb.10, the Boys’ Varsity Basketball Team took on Bremen at home for their final conference game. The team celebrated Senior Night, but it was also the night when  senior Rokas Castillo was bound to score the 1,000th point of his high school career. Lemont won 76-57, with Castillo scoring 22 of those points, successfully breaking the 1,000-point milestone.

“I consistently put in a lot of work into my basketball skills and getting this milestone makes it pay off,” said Castillo. 

Castillo and his brother Matas have been playing on the varsity roster since freshman year. Both recently committed to the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. 

“I wanna thank my teammates, coaches, family and God for the opportunity to play at a school like Lemont. I’m very proud to be a part of this school and I’m glad I made many memories here” said Castillo. 

The team finished their season with a win against Amos Alonzo Stagg High School and is looking forward to competing in the playoffs. Lemont will participate in the Country Club Hills (Hillcrest) Sectional postseason tournament. Their first match will be on Feb. 22 against the winner of Thornridge versus Chicago Vocational.

“We’re ready for any challenge,” said senior Deividas Bilevicius, the starting center of the varsity roster. 

On behalf of Tom-Tom, we congratulate Rokas Castillo with his 1,000 career points and wish for a great postseason for the team!

The 3A Country Club Hills (Hillcrest) Sectional bracket, with Lemont being located on the top-right as the 2nd seed. The original source can be found here. (Nojus Navickas)