The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

Preview Lemont’s culinary and entertainment delights at Taste Of Lemont

Taste+of+Lemont+is+set+for+September+9+in+downtown+Lemont.+
David Arroyo
Taste of Lemont is set for September 9 in downtown Lemont.

Keeping up with tradition, Lemont High School is hosting the highly anticipated Taste of Lemont on Saturday, September 9 near the Metra lot in downtown Lemont. The event will feature some of the best food and entertainment Lemont has to offer. Those wishing to taste some of the action can buy tickets online for $15 through the high school’s website or purchase them at the door for $20, whereas those with valid high school IDs or who are under 14 can attend for free. 

In regards to the food and drink, the impressive lineup of Barrel & Vine, Big Ed’s Shed, Bottles, The Creamery, Gelsosomo’s Pizzeria, Heroes West, Jimbo’s Pizza, LHS Blue & Gold Athletic Boosters, MaMa D’s, Matt’s Barbecue, Moreno’s Mexican Restaurant, Pollyanna Brewing Company, Rosati’s Pizza and the Wooden Paddle will surely satisfy anyone’s appetite whether they be a veteran Lemonster or someone looking to sample Lemont’s best. Those wishing to indulge in the many options will need to purchase separate food tickets on-site and then redeem them at the various vendors. Lemont High School’s marching band will start off the entertainment and the bands Joe Fascetta, Don’t Talk to Strangers and Shout Out will all follow suit as the event goes on. In addition to the entertainment, there will also be a split-the-pot fundraiser raffle. 

Perhaps the most appetizing fact is that all proceeds will support the Lemont High School Educational Foundation which has already raised $540,000 in grants to aid Lemont High School’s students, faculty and staff since 2007. These funds have significantly benefited Lemont High School, facilitating programs like the CITGO Innovation Academy and much more.

Taste of Lemont is a staple of Lemont culture and has already attracted quite an audience. Just last year, attendees reached well into 2,000 people and it would not be surprising if this year’s numbers top that. Of course, one must wonder if Taste of Lemont lives up to the hype. One way to find out is to attend, but those who cannot make it can rely on the Tom-Tom to report on the overall success of the event.