The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

Donations support local friends this homecoming

Cooper
Hope & Friendship Foundation funds a safe space for our peers with an open charity drive.

During the electrifying homecoming season, supporting charities spreads community spirit to its yearly peak. This year, the student council’s charity pick is the Hope and Friendship foundation, a non-profit organization that strives to spread awareness of and assist our less fortunate local friends.

“They [do] so much for [our] students. They give a big scholarship at the end of the year to our seniors,” Angela Duensing, one of the sponsors of the student council, said.

With a district brimming with compassionate students, it is no surprise that homecoming week brings in a lot of donations. Homecoming provides an opportunity for organizations to get their cause recognized. But this begs the question: how can you support the Hope and Friendship foundation during this homecoming season?

During any lunch period, students can bring cash to donate to the foundation. Another option is RevTrak, an online payment site that is a “trusted partner” of our school as stated on the school’s student fee directory. Parents are encouraged to donate any sum of money in their kids’ names, since every year parents have proven to be the biggest supporters of our school, raising hundreds of dollars for select charities. 

“Every year, we take a look at what’s important… it just depends [on] what’s the need of Lemont at the time,” Duensing said.

Every year, the Hope and Friendship Foundation works heartily to lend a helping hand and provide where Lemont is in need. Even though we have never given back to them before till now, they have always taken the initiative to aid local students whose families often struggle to afford basic necessities. So during this month, consider contributing a few dollars at the open donation table in the cafeteria, and share how to support people in need through this awesome charity with others.