The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

Golden Globes spotlights best of 2023

Getty Images
Emma Stone accepts her Golden Globe trophy on behalf of her role in “Poor Things”.

The Golden Globes is an event loved by all who enjoy music and movies. This year, the event took place on Jan. 7 at 7 p.m. CST to present the winners of many different categories of awards from best actress in drama movies to best original song for a film. 

Two of the top five movies, according to RottenTomatoes, were  “Barbie” and “Oppenhiemer”. Safe to say that neither movie went home empty handed and walked away with more than one award for the movie itself, the soundtrack and the actors/actresses.

The categories and their winners were as follows:

The best performance by an actress in a supporting role in a motion picture went to Da’Vine Joy Randolph in the movie “The Holdovers”.

The best performance by an actor in a supporting role in any motion picture went to Robert Downey Jr. for his performance in “Oppenheimer”.

The best performance by an actress in a limited series, anthology series or motion picture made for television went to Ali Wong in her show “Beef”.

The best performance by an actress in a supporting role in a television series went to Elizabeth Debicki for her role in “The Crown”.

The best performance by an actor in a supporting role in a television series went to Matthew Macfadyen in the show “Succession”.

The best screenplay — motion picture went to Justine Triet and Arthur Harari for their performance in “Anatomy of a Fall”.

The best performance by an actor in a television series – musical or comedy went to Jeremy Allen White for his show “The Bear”.

The best performance in stand-up comedy on television went to “Ricky Gervais: Armageddon”.

The best motion picture — non-English language went to “Anatomy of a Fall” which was in French.

The best performance by an actress in a television series – musical or comedy went to Ayo Edebiri for her show “The Bear”.

The best performance by an actor in a television series – drama went to Kieran Culkin for his role in “Succession”.

The best motion picture — animated went to “The Boy and the Heron” directed by Hayao Miyazaki.

The best director — motion picture went to Christopher Nolan for his film “Oppenheimer”.

The best performance by an actress in a motion picture — musical or comedy went to Emma Stone for her performance in “Poor Things”.

The best performance by an actor in a motion picture — drama went to Cillian Murphy in the movie “Oppenheimer”.

The best original score — motion picture went to Ludwig Göransson in the film “Oppenheimer”.

The best original song — motion picture was awarded to the song “What Was I Made For?” by Billie Eilish and Finneas O’Connell that was featured in “Barbie”.

The cinematic and box office achievement was awarded to “Barbie”.

The best television limited series, anthology series or motion picture made for television was awarded to “Beef”.

The best television series – musical or comedy was awarded to “The Bear”.

The best performance by an actress in a television series – drama went to Sarah Snook for her role in “Succession”.

The best television series – drama was awarded to “Succession”.

The best performance by an actor in a motion picture — musical or comedy went to Paul Giamatti in the film “The Holdovers”.

The best motion picture — musical or comedy was awarded to “Poor Things”.

The best performance by an actress in a motion picture — drama went to Lily Gladstone for her performance in “Killers of the Flower Moon”.

The best motion picture — drama was awarded to “Oppenheimer”.

The Golden Globes had the best viewing they have ever had and hosted with 9.4 million pairs of eyes watching. Every nominee lost with grace and every winner took their trophy with pride. It is easy to dwell on the past year when it comes to successes, but always look forward. 2024 has bigger and better things to come.