The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Conan Gray releases ‘Found Heaven’, announces global tour

Rising artist announces world tour featuring 80’s inspired synth-pop album
Conan Gray released the official tracklist for his third studio album on March 18.
Lucia Macari

After cryptically hinting towards a potential album, Conan Gray announced that his third studio album, “Found Heaven”, was to be released on April 5 via Instagram on Jan. 31. This announcement followed the release of three singles: “Never Ending Song”, “Killing Me” and “Winner”. The final singles, “Lonely Dancers” and “Alley Rose”, were subsequently released on Feb. 9 and March 8 respectively.

Gray’s third album takes on a new style, drawing inspiration from the synth-pop sound of the 80’s. Gray cites a few specific influences being David Bowie, Elton John and Queen. The synth sound is especially prominent in Gray’s “Lonely Dancers” and “Bourgeoisieses” as the production of each song features heavy tech influence attributed to the 80’s era of music. The “Lonely Dancers” music video nods to the 80’s influence through fashion, cars, lighting and venue, making the album more cohesive. 

Fan favorites include “Bourgeoisieses”, “Fainted Love” and “Alley Rose”. Though “Alley Rose” was the only single released prior to the release of the album, the other two aforementioned songs quickly probed themselves as two of Gray’s most streamed songs, bringing about a fun, energetic vibe to “Found Heaven”.

Feeling that his first albums, “Kid Krow” and “Superache”, were too similar, Gray leaned into the new sound, a change he felt was necessary. Though the album features a synth-pop style throughout, Gray claims the album is neither happy or sad, instead referring to it as a “menace to society” album.

“This album is very much about embracing all of your emotions, and embracing the fact that like ‘Yeah, this did end terribly, but it was so worth it, and I’d do it again,’” Gray shared on the “Zach Sang Show” on Feb. 6.

On Feb. 23, Gray announced the Solo Performance Plus Q+A mini-tour. These shows took place throughout the UK in an effort to gain support and provide publicity for his then-upcoming album. Between the announcement of  “Alley Rose” and its release, Gray announced that the “Found Heaven Tour” would kick off in Melbourne on July 11.

Tickets went on presale for fans on March 6 and general sale started on March 8. Tickets were reasonably priced, compared to other ongoing tours such as Olivia Rodrigo’s “Guts Tour”. Starting as low as $45.00, the average ticket went for about $150.00, depending on where the seat was located in the venue.

The “Found Heaven Tour” will have an Australian, North American and European leg, in that order. Kicking off in July, with a brief break in August and finally closing in November, fans can expect a great amount of content from Gray in the upcoming months.

The official tracklist for the album was released on March 18 at Gray’s “Join Me for the Night” performance. The singer revealed the tracklist by wearing a shirt with the song titles listed for attendees to see. That same night, Gray posted a picture of the shirt to Instagram to officially share the announcement with fans.

The “Found Heaven” album was released on April 5 and is available on all major streaming platforms. Be sure to check out Gray’s experimental synth-pop work!