Is it too early for Christmas music?

Is it too early for Christmas music?

If you walk in to Kohl’s or turn your radio to 93.9 f.m., hearing the joyous hymns of Christmas is inevitable. For Christmas fanatics, the extension of the merry season brings excitement for the upcoming season. However, is it too early for Christmas music?

For some radio stations and retail stores, Christmas music is acceptable as soon as the weather switches from crisp, fall breezes to excruciating, winter blasts. But, this fall has reached records for unusually warm temperatures and overall comfortable temperatures.

LHS students have mixed opinions on the early arrival of the seasonal music. Senior Olivia Hetrick says “I started listening to it the day it started on the radio.” Freshman Audrey Sehlueter agreed that the music did not start too early this year.

Senior Kelly Nolan went as far as to say, “I ask the people I drive home if they are okay with listening to Christmas music. If not, I don’t drive them. I’m kidding- but I love Christmas music.”

Mrs. Richa noted that she is especially into Christmas music this year, but she can’t listen to 93.9 all the time. 93.9 fm is known for its continuous lineup of Christmas music at all hours of the day.

Some LHS community members believe Thanksgiving is being overlooked this year. Mrs. Mayer says she’ll be happy to listen to the music after the Thanksgiving season has concluded.

Freshmen Aly Jurgeto and Hiba Anees agreed that Christmas music should be pushed back to December. While freshman Klaudia Goryl went as far as to say, “This is mayhem!”

What is the solution to the craze of the season? English teacher Mr. DeGuzman thinks, “There needs to be Thanksgiving music!”

Freshmen Audrey Sehlueter, Hiba Anees, Klaudia Goryl and Aly Jurgeto discuss Christmas music.
Freshmen Audrey Sehlueter, Hiba Anees, Klaudia Goryl and Aly Jurgeto discuss Christmas music.christmas