The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

Pumpkin Spice Season Fashion

Lauren Magdziarz
Fall has presented itself back into students’ closets as the new weather brings about unique fashion trends and statement pieces.

For many people, Labor Day concludes the summer, meaning fall is just around the corner. This new weather allows for the introduction of new fashion trends and a way for people to express themselves as the seasons change. Although many trends stay the same year to year, there are still a select few styles such as colorful sweaters and vintage inspired clothing that are projected to hit the hallways this fall.

A HUGE fall staple that never ceases to exist every season is the cardigan and sweater trends. Although these items are found every year, they continue to present themselves in slightly different ways. This year sweaters are becoming a little more exciting to the eye with many stores carrying sweaters and cardigans of bright colors, patterns and stripes. This gives sweaters a fresh, yet classic, look.

“I know some fashion icons in TV shows like Rory Gilmore and Belly Conklin from ‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’ and ‘Gilmore Girls’, they have the iconic staple of a white knit sweater,” Prachi Joshi said.

Many people are making sweaters more fancy by adding a long patterned skirt to spice things up and also are expanding on their wardrobes by layering their outfits with these items. These comfy but cute items are being upgraded this season in a way that will make them stand out more than the previous years.

For highschoolers, athleisure wear is a very vital staple in almost everyone’s wardrobe. Many people can be found wearing Lululemon leggings and sweatshirts from places such as Urban Outfitters, American Eagle and Pacsun many days of the week.

Junior, Kiera Mayer, gets many of her cute and comfy clothes from, “Aerie, American Eagle, Pacsun, Lululemon and Aeropostale.”

These sweatshirts are commonly brightly colored and vintage inspired, which gives it a more unique look. Bands such as Nirvana and Death Leppard have been seen in the hallways on multiple occasions over the past year, and the same is expected this season.

As summer comes to a close, the sweater drawers start to open, giving the hallways a fresh look for fall season.