The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

No “Quittin’ Time” in sight for Zach Bryan

Katie Konieczka
Zach Bryan performs at the Windy City Smokeout at the United Center.

Just before the last few nights of his “Burn, Burn, Burn Tour,” Zach Bryan released a heartfelt and emotionally wrenching self-titled album: “Zach Bryan”. The album features a multitude of artists along with Bryan, including Kacey Musgraves, The Lumineers, The War and Treaty and Sierra Ferrell. Drawing in audiences from all walks of life, “Zach Bryan” encompasses the feeling of warm summer nights, heartache, longing and love.

Fans have quickly come to love Bryan’s fourth studio album, as it has a warm, folk-country sound. Straying away from the typical pop-country seen in the charts recently, Bryan has become known for his lyricism and sentimental songs. No matter the topic at hand, Bryan delivers each and every song with so much emotion you cannot help but feel captivated by his voice. 

“It’s a very comforting album… I can match a song to any time of year, any event,” junior Allison Rihtar said. “They can be played year-round, it’s not just a summer time album.” 

With a total of 16 tracks and 15 songs, “Zach Bryan” is the perfect album for any time or any place, and the charts seem to agree.

Bryan’s new album has hit the charts hard and fast, as duet “I Remember Everything” with Kacey Musgraves has hit No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. It is both Musgraves’ and Bryan’s first time achieving this milestone. Two more of Bryan’s newly released songs have made it to the iTunes Top 40 country list: “Hey Driver” featuring The War and Treaty and “Spotless” featuring The Lumineers, coming in at No. 26 and No. 40 respectively. 

Along with the announcement of Zach Bryan’s self-titled, heartbreaking album, the singer set forth plans to go on tour starting March of next year. Having just concluded his short “Burn, Burn, Burn, Tour”, Bryan plans to go even bigger in 2024. The “Quittin’ Time Tour” is set to hit stadiums all over North America, starting with Chicago at the United Center on March 5, 6 and 7. Bryan will also hit cities such as Pittsburgh, Toronto, Denver, Las Vegas and more. For a grand finale, the tour will wrap up in Tulsa, Oklahoma mid-December.

During the tour, the following special guests will accompany Bryan on stage: Sheryl Crow, Sierra Ferrell, The Middle East, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Turnpike Troubadours, Matt Maeson and Levi Turner. There will be two guests per show with the guests varying depending on what city Bryan is performing in. All in all, there will be plenty to expect from the “Quittin’ Time Tour” and Zach Bryan.

View Comments (3)
Donate to The Tom-Tom
$800
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Lemont High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.