The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

The votes are in: top Halloween movie amongst teens this fall season

Lauren Magdziarz
Nostalgic Halloween movies go head to head on Snapchat polls where teenagers vote on the greatest Halloween movie of their childhood.

Throughout the past few weeks, students have put in their two cents on Snapchat polls that were posted on my Snapchat account to decide which Halloween movie is the most favored by the teenage audience. Similar to the popular March Madness Bracket, the movies went head to head until a champion arised. In the final round, movies, “Scream” (1996) and “The Nightmare Before Christmas” (1993) competed for the winning spot. “The Nightmare Before Christmas” came out on top with a final score of 32 to 27.

Tim Burton’s, “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” is a well known story of the character Jack Skellington stumbling across “Christmas Town” and his scheme to take over the holiday. Although many are familiar with the movie and plot, here are five facts that you may not know yet about the popular Halloween/Christmas movie:

1. The film was produced by Tim Burton but the director of the film was Henry Selick who made his directing debut with the animated film.
  2. Every year The Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland becomes transformed into Halloween Town where the characters from “The Nightmare Before Christmas” become featured in the ride.
  3. In 2006, the movie was re-released in 3D.
  4. “The Nightmare Before Christmas” was originally a poem created by Tim Burton while he was an animator at Disney.
  5. The film’s music was created before the script was produced.

Jack Skellington may have made his appearance 30 years ago, but he has remained popular amongst teens as a Halloween staple that brings joy to all ages.