The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

Artwork in Fall Gallery 306 leaves spectators in awe

Leila Rexhepi
On Friday, Nov. 3, the gallery was packed with parents and students coming to observe all the art pieces. “With all the people it was even hard to get pictures of my students with their artwork,” Fine Arts teacher Shannon Jeglinski said.
Megan Idell is always pumped for the art galleries that occur multiple times in a school year. This year, Idell and her double jointed thumbs are happy to be teaching a variety of art classes from photography to graphic design and more. Many of her student’s pieces were featured in the gallery. (Leila Rexhepi)
Another piece titled “Meow Meow” was created by talented Zaaron Tyebjee. This artwork was created out of a different type of painting medium called Gouache. Gouache is especially known for its ability to be easily blended along with taking a long time to dry. This painting earned Best in Show and was Tyebjee’s second award. (Leila Rexhepi)
This digital illustration named, “Adding My Personal Touch” was made by senior Charlotte Drez. It showcased a variety of artistic elements and principles from the movement of the musical notes and rays of light to the balance of space on each side. “I wanted to create a piece that incorporated a little bit of every part of my life. That’s why I titled it adding my personal touch,” said Drez. (Leila Rexhepi)
The first place ceramic piece this year was made out of air dry clay and titled, “The Tree of Being.” It was sculpted by senior Sophia Hayina who came to LHS just last year from Ukraine. She contributed several art pieces, including her 1st place ceramics piece, to the gallery from her classes and home. She has completed multiple art classes and is now in Ceramics II along with Cosmetology in WILCO. (Leila Rexhepi)
One of my personal favorites from the show was this collage of ink drawings titled “Architectural Construction. ” This was another piece submitted by Sophia Hayina which features multiple structures with attention to detail specializing in texture and depth. Each drawing was from a variety of locations and ripped to be stuck into one cohesive art piece. (Leila Rexhepi)
While there were a variety of beautiful drawings, Natalie Carbone’s “Master Study” made out of Ebony pencil took the 1st place spot. The different values and proportions of the piece made the piece what it is. (Leila Rexhepi)
With the movement in the hair to the annoyed expression of the person, each stroke of this charcoal drawing was meticulously drawn. Created by Victoria Walus and titled “Look Up”, this artwork received an honorable mention in the show. (Leila Rexhepi)
This acrylic painting was created by senior Zaaron Tyebjee with the name “Genesis” tying in deeply to the piece. With the word Genesis meaning a formation, titling this artwork Genesis truly captures the essence of a relationship between an adult and a baby. Many who know Zaaron know that he loves his niece deeply and through this art, he earned 1st place in the paintings category. (Leila Rexhepi)
Another Honorable Mention displayed in Gallery 306 is Natalia Zagata’s charcoal drawing titled, “Sassy Lady”. The bird’s feathers were shown in each stroke and the white highlights really helped to create a more 3D and realistic look. Unlike a lot of the artworks in the show, Zagata’s drawing was created on a brown paper bag instead of regular paper. (Leila Rexhepi)
Freshman Haley Young bursted into the art show with her award winning digital illustration, named “The Road to Mordor”. The piece was part of her Introduction to Digital Art project of only utilizing one color in multiple shades. The artwork features multiple elements of line and movement from the volcano spitting lava to the birds flying around. (Leila Rexhepi)
This acrylic painting earned the third Honorable Mention of the show. The painting was titled “Contemplation” and was created by sophomore Delia Farrell. This artwork features multiple areas of detail from the eyes of the person to the various shades of brown in the person’s hair. (Leila Rexhepi)