The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

Girls Varsity Cheer: Road to State

Bridget Kearns
Lemont girl Varsity and JV teams after Oak Forest competition. With Varsity getting second and JV getting first.

This season got off to a great start for the cheer team at Lincoln Way East cheer competition. The varsity team consists of two seniors, six juniors, three sophomores and four freshmen. Their team is very young this year, but they are bringing the heat for redemption regardless. 

Both JV and Varsity competed at Lincoln Way East with tough competition. Varsity went up in a hard match between their rivals Benet and Providence, but fell short of first place. They ended in third place, but have time to get back in the gym and put some work in. JV on the other hand won first place for the first time in the season.

In the following weeks, both JV and Varsity will get in the gym to perfect their routines.

“Our routine is one of a kind. We just need to be able to perform when needed,” junior Molly Wallace said. 

The next few competitions were really a test to see where the teams were at. At Victor Andrew High School, the varsity team came out with a bang and got first place. 

“We really came together as a team for this win. Everything we had worked on paid off. It felt great.” Wallace said. 

Towards the end of the season came conference and regionals and the Varsity Cheer team brought the heat and won first place in both. 

“We got our ticket to state, now all we have to do is finish what we started.” Wallace said.