The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

Colorful flowers, colorful faces: LHS graduate blossoms with new businesses

Medine Rexhepi flourishes in makeup, backdrops, decor
Medine Rexhepi
Owning two businesses while working full time and being a devoted mother, Rexhepi is succeeding in all aspects.

If you are in need of a local makeup artist or gorgeous flower backdrops for special occasions, look no further. Medine Rexhepi is a 26-year-old growing business woman with multiple trades. Rexhepi is the co-founder of Wishful Events, a backdrop & decor company for weddings and special events and a professional Chicago makeup artist. 

Rexhepi’s first business endeavor was an apparel and clothing online boutique that ran from 2021-22. 

“My first business ignited my spark for entrepreneurship,” Rexhepi said. “It showed me what I didn’t know and what I did know and that building something from the ground up is truly my passion.”

While Rexhepi has dipped her toe in multiple areas of the business world, makeup has always been her passion. Starting makeup in 2019 and professionally in 2021, Rexhepi has blossomed as an artist and has quickly gained popularity in the Chicago area.

“Through all my business endeavors I had always been doing makeup,” Rexhepi said. “It was also in the background and something I couldn’t shy away from. It was easy to hit the ground running with makeup once I stopped My Flutur because I had so much more time to focus on it!”
Wishful Events is a business that Rexhepi runs with her sister, Ermira Rexhepi, that launched at the start of 2024. 

“My sister Ermira and I have always been extremely into wedding decor and events ever since my wedding in 2019. We’ve always talked about starting a business because we have so many ideas and at the end of 2023 we decided to take the chance and go for it,” Rexhepi said.  

While still working a full time job, running two businesses and being a full time mom, Rexhepi has never let adversities affect her quality of work and her ambition. 

“I’m still figuring it out,” Rexhepi said. “It’s a matter of using the little time in my day to prioritize what needs to be done. It also teaches me how incredibly valuable time is and that every minute really does count.”

In the future, Rexhepi hopes to be able to leave her full time job and commit to makeup with both clients and social media. 

“No matter how many challenges I present myself with, I will always make time for makeup,” Rexhepi said.

To book with Rexhepi for makeup, direct message @medinaamua or email [email protected]. To book with Wishful Events, direct message @wishfulevent or email [email protected].