The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

The beat of Lemont High School

The Tom-Tom

Northeast gets rocked by rare earthquake
New signs on Julia Street proudly display 20 state champion titles
Sabrina Carpenter brews new single “espresso”

April 19, 2024

Academic challenge, science club participate in SSC science competition

April 11, 2024

Girls, boys track and field teams transition to outdoor season

March 28, 2024

“Yes, and?”, Ariana Grande is back with new single, soon new album

Ariana Grande comes back better than ever with new single, future album coming soon
Ariana+Grande+tells+press+about+her+new+single+out+now+and+her+future+aspirations+for+her+new+album+%E2%80%9CEternal+Sunshine%E2%80%9D.+
Getty Images
Ariana Grande tells press about her new single out now and her future aspirations for her new album “Eternal Sunshine”.

After three years of being underground and out of the spotlight, Ariana Grande emerges with a new single “yes, and?” with foresight of her seventh album “Eternal Sunshine”. Grande persevered past the naysayers and the doubters and has created her music video keeping this in mind.

The release of her new single “yes, and?” in the middle of January did not disappoint. Her song stands loud and proud at three minutes and 35 seconds. The beginning 30 seconds is a slow fade into a beat drop and then the lyrics are incorporated. She claps back at her haters by musically stating that she is “so done with caring” and “everybody’s tired and healin’ from somebody or somethin’ we do not see just right.” 

Many listeners made assumptions about her life when she left the spotlight and speculated many things about her life based on pictures off the internet. She wanted a comeback, and boy did she bring a strong one. Grande’s title in itself is a representation of her new mentality. She is saying “yes, and” what are you going to do about it?” With her new single blowing up, who knows what is to come during her album drop on March 8.

Christian Breslauer has aided Grande in her endeavor to create the music video for “yes, and?”. There are potential easter eggs hiding not only in the music video for “yes, and?,” but also in the album title “Eternal Sunshine” which may be a reference to the film “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”. While this may not seem like a big discovery to the average viewer, this 2004 sci-fi movie featured Jim Carrey who, undoubtedly, is Grande’s celebrity crush. 

Fans of Grande, aka Arianators, are excited to see what her new album has in store. In a Forbes article, it is said that Grande and her team worked tirelessly to make this comeback the best of Ariana Grande. Their hard work paid off when the song hit the No. 1 spot on the Hot 100 list in the first week of its release. 

Sure enough, Grande was able to accomplish this feat and make a smashing introduction back into the music industry. With her jump back into the industry, she has got her work cut out for her with her fans getting pumped up for her album. With an already big fanbase, Ariana Grande is growing and gaining fans by the minute with the anticipation and excitement for her latest album to be released on March 8.